Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Glue Base Coat Tutorial/Review

I have been using Glue as my first base coat for a few months now and I love it. I used to always pick off my nail polish because I hated the smell of acetone. Plus, I'm impatient and only used 100% acetone which is not good for your nails. I now always use glue as a base coat and whether that is better or not for your nails, it seems to be beneficial for my nails. 


I have a spare polish brush that I use for this and I just stick it in a big bottle of Elmer's Glue and paint my nails. The above picture is what the glue will look like when first painted on. I paint directly on my nails, without a base coat. 



After a few minutes, the glue will dry and be sort of shiny. The above picture is the glue after it dries. 


I then paint my nails like I would any other day. I still use a base coat, however, it is not necessary. I just have a fear of staining and I find the base coat to be an extra reassurance!! This picture is after two days of wearing this mani! The glue stood up great, I have only had it chip off once when using the glue technique. 


To remove, I just take my finger nail and go around the edges of the polish. A cuticle pusher or toothpick will work just as well. Once I have gone around the edges, the polish begins to loosen up. 


I can then peel it right off! 


You can see how smoothly it came off and all in one piece. It probably took less than a minute. 


It's magic! 


Woo-hoo! No staining! My nails are already ready for another mani :)

I highly recommend the Glue method! It is great for keeping mani's quick and easy!







1 comment: