Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Migraines & Rainy Days


Marvins Room (Dj Ness Nice Remix) (Feat. JoJo) by Drake on Grooveshark
This song has not left my playlist in days. JoJo can't do anything wrong.


I was suppose to go for a walk today with one of my friends but I woke up feeling like crap. I really should try and go to bed earlier but its so hard (or am I stubborn?). To adjust my mood the rain has begun and I'm looking forward to a night of TV, movies, books, music and cuddling. Oh, and from what I can smell from my room...apparently a delicious dinner! I have always loved the smell of rain-- I don't know what it is. I think the only thing I don't like about the rain is when my jeans get wet and my hair turns into a poodle. But--other then that-- I adore it. I love seeing everything outside become clean and fresh, releasing the heat for a moment. I remember when I was younger I always would stare at the rain for hours on end. I think that Georgia had the best rain. When it rained there, it didn't relent. I would sit outside and just the SMELL there would be hypnotizing. In Alaska the rain was every day but it was a rain forest so it was expected. It just became part of life. In Florida the rain never lasted more than a half hour which was a blessing and a curse. In Virginia Beach the rain was perfect. You can smell the ocean with it and more times than not the sun will shine through it. 

And now here, in Maryland, the rain is heavy. Where I live you can see the rain build up over time and then it falls as if its breaking through the sky. It's so wonderful if you think about it. God has really worked hard on this earth! The different types of rain-- such a small detail but one that is so nice to experience. It has given me many happy days. Sounds strange, I guess, to say rain brings happy days. I'm the kind of person who thrives on stress and scheduling. Rain is so unexpected (at least for me because I don't check the weather) and it always relaxes me. I can be in the middle of a stressed day then the rain will come and immediately relax me and cause me to deviate from my schedule and take a moment to breathe. 


How refreshing! Such a blessing that God has given me. 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment